Daisies and Lace

Daisies and Lace
A Hobnobbin' Original size 4



Beautiful daisies on sky blue background make this dress so bright and cheery. The skirt is a full circle for lots of twirl. The underskirt is trimmed with 8 inch wide white tulle lace. This lace is soft not scratchy. Daisies trim the front of the waist for an added dainty look. In the back, there is a sash that ties into a big bow. This dress is fully lined in pale blue. Very soft and comfortable.

All seams are surged for a professional finish. Very easy on and off with the long back zipper.

All Hobnobbin' Originals are created with great care. This is a One of a Kind dress.

This dress is absolutely beautiful! Daisies and Lace make this an extra frilly, fancy dress. Great for a special occassion or for that perfect portrait.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just a Little Background

I first learned about sewing by helping someone make quilt blocks when I was just 12. I only took one Home Ec class and made one dress. I did not sew much more until I was 20. The rest of my sewing education was while working for a sewing factory. I worked for a place in Oklahoma that made "Martha Miniatures" and other dresses for little girls. That is where I fell in love with all the ruffles and frills. I eventually worked for several sewing factories. Even though it was tough work, I learned a lot about sewing.

When my children were little, I made most of their clothes as well as my own. I have made several unusual items such as: a wild tuxedo for my husband when he was "Jeepers the Magical Clown" and my own clowning dress for "Sparkles".

No comments: